When you are about to embark on a major real estate project, need to negotiate a contract, or are in the midst of dispute over real property or a lease, it is important to enlist the help of a firm with a solid background in residential and commercial real estate law. This area of the law can be extremely complex and it often presents diverse challenges and a lot of red tape. Because you have vested your time and resources in your real estate projects, ensure your transactions and litigation are handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
That is where Becker Goodey comes in. Our team of attorneys is well equipped to help developers, investors, entrepreneurs, business owners, landlords, and tenants with their real estate legal needs. With every project, contract, and case we undertake, we put our clients’ interests at the top of our priority list.
What areas of real estate does Becker Goodey handle?
Our attorneys have over 20 years in the field of business and a track record of successful real estate proceedings and transactions. We can help you plan a new development, negotiate a complex transaction, or settle a disagreement. The bulk of real estate law practice is transactional, e.g., drafting, negotiating, and closing transactions within the business of real estate, but when disputes escalate, we have no qualms about representing our clients in court.
One of the most common types of cases we handle are landlord-tenant disputes. Whether the dispute is over payments, repairs, security deposits, or contractual discrepancies, we work to find creative resolutions in the most efficient manner possible, be it negotiation, mediation, or litigation.
Below are just a few of the areas and projects Becker Goodey can assist you with.
- Buying, selling, financing of real estate and real property, including purchase agreements, conveyancing documents, tax-deferred agreements, multiple-party exchanges, and escrow details
- Leases – We represent both tenants and landlords and can assist with transactions and disputes regarding all types of leases, from office and industrial leases to subleases and retail leases.
- Taxation of real estate
- Zoning and regulation issues
- Funding, private equity transactions, and debt transactions
- Legal analysis and documentation
- Partnership and joint venture agreements
- Permits – We can help with all aspects of land use and permitting, including the preparation and submission of local, state, and federal permit applications.
- Title and survey issues
- Eminent domain and condemnation
- REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)
- Financing – We represent both lenders and borrowers, and can help with the structuring and documentation of mortgages, deeds of trust, and contracts of sale.
- Disputes – In addition to landlord-tenant disputes, we can assist with single party or multi-party disputes involving boundaries, property taxes, trespass and nuisance claims, breach of contract, compliance, foreclosure, construction defect, and homeowners’ associations.
What do I look for in a real estate attorney?
Selecting the right attorney can make all the difference when it comes to handling your important real estate affairs. You want to choose a firm that has a foundation in business and that knows the real estate industry inside and out. Your attorney should have an excellent attention to detail, understand all the intricacies of transactional and contractual endeavors, and have enough tenacity and grit to litigate a case if necessary.
If your real estate is in Las Vegas, then look no further than Becker Goodey. Attorneys April Becker and Jessica Goodey are dedicated to helping Nevadans with their real estate and leasing projects and disputes, working hard to settle each and every case in a way that is most advantageous for the client. We spend a good amount of time counseling our clients on their issues at hand so they can make informed decisions that yield the best results. We also understand that time is money, so we handle matter in the timeliest and most cost-efficient manner feasible.